Author Topic: Gun of choice for you?  (Read 4844 times)

Offline D.P G3

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +23/-2
  • I Love FISHING AND Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
Gun of choice for you?
« on: May 05, 2006, 09:41:05 PM »
What do you use and how do you like it ?

For deer i have a 30/06 winchester bolt action rifle with wiinchester ballistic point shells wow what a combo...But was hoping to get some info on others just inn case.
For the birds an old bolt action 20gauge J.C Whitney that i refinished my self its extremely accurate, and also a 12gauge whinchester semi automatic 1100 not bad a fast shooter...

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re:Gun of choice for you?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 09:39:41 AM »
For neighborhood cats, mine is a Daisy BB Gun  ;D

Offline Joe.G

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +47/-0
  • I Love Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 12:49:40 PM »
I have a pretty good collection of rifles, shotguns and pistols but I'd have to say as far as shotguns go I would choose my old J.C Higgens pump from Sears. Its about 45 y/o...My very first gun that my father gave me when I was 12. Still in great condition. I don't hunt much anymore. I do carry however, anyone else here?

I like the 380 for the summer as it is small enough to conceal but still packs a decent punch.

wally

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 01:21:47 PM »
Hey guys I like the info. Well here is my two cents. I do a lot of hunting for diferent situations. I turkey hunt I waterfowl hunt, deer hunt and in MA you can only use a shotgun for deer no rifle season. However they do have a muzzleloader season that I just sarted to hunt. The reason I state all this info is although my love is bow hunting I do use my twelve gage often. It is a remington 870 and in my opinoin there is no better shotgun. It is a pump so I never have jams or stove pipes. it is the most versatile shotgun there is I use it for everything I have a slug barrell for deer and a bird barrell for turkey, pheasant and waterfowl. I have different chokes for different situations. I think its the best shotgun out there. And I do also carry I have a 380 semi auto its nice for concealment because it is compact. It might not have the punch of a 40 cal. but it will sure make it a bad day for the bad guy. Love hearing the input from you guys keep it comin. wally ;)

wally

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 01:25:07 PM »
 Curt them cats are a pain in the a--  :-X I tell ya I no what ya mean I have a problem with keeping my trash in the trash barrel >:( but I think that may go away ;D wally

Offline Fishhead

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +15/-0
  • Hey Jimmy...pass me a crawler will ya
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 10:26:51 AM »
I use a 30/30 for deer hunting,and a 12 ga for the birds/turkey.
I had a sw 44 mag for years and wanted to try it hunting but just never got the chance.
I would like to get the sw 500mag just because it HUGH...LOL

Offline thefinaltimeout

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +70/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 04:28:03 PM »
I like the 870 for a shot gun . As for deer I have a 257 Roberts and a 30/30 . For a pistol I have a 9 MM to pack and a few GP 100 / 357 "s that are used for heavy target shooting and a few Ruger 22 "s for plinking . We have a nice range 120 yards right at my house . Later Bill
Team Final Time Out 2006 sponsors  Prestige Custom Poles WWW.prestigepoles.com and SaraRuth"s CustomEmbroidery 1 405 275 5261

Offline Joe.G

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +47/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 11:04:51 PM »
Must be nice to shoot at your house Bill as oppossed to packing up and heading to the club all the time...

wally

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 01:01:39 PM »
How did you guys make out hunting this year?

Offline bassamatic

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +30/-0
  • Hawgs eat frogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 01:20:37 PM »

use a paintball marker,then you can see from a distance if you hit your target.

disclamer)i do not belive hurting any animal for no reason is very very wrong.
thankfully i have always had areason. ;D
my opinions r my own and should not be taken as those of this site or its members.

Offline rollinbass

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +21/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Gun of choice for you?
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 12:49:31 AM »
I like to hunt and target shoot very much , I hunt birds Ducks/Pheasents with a 12 GA FAUSTI over/under ( which i cut off 2" of the butt ) , for deer i'm stuck on state land most of the time so i use a 20 GA ULTRA SLUG HUNTER  Harrington & Richardson  Single shot  Youth model ( i like the shorter stock) , And i use a Winchester Model 1300 12GA (Which i also cut 2" off of the butt) to hunt Turkey with , my Win 1300 also has a rifled slug barrel . And i do hold a permit to carry a Pistol/firearm which i exercise offen. I like to call it my cold steel ins. .... ;)....And seeing in my case were if i get threatened i can not get away , i prefer to carry a big bore...... ;D..........

rollinbass
                                                                          Dave
                                                                             8)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 01:03:55 AM by rollinbass »
ROLLINBASS