Author Topic: Who's who  (Read 58399 times)

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re:Who's who
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2003, 11:24:53 AM »
Welcome back Mark!

Good to see you hanging out here. I hope you'll visit here often :)

BandD Lures

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2003, 08:23:20 AM »
Hi all, My name is Bob Sylvia and I live in Ledyard, Ct. I have been fishing since  I could hold onto a rod. Started fishing for sunfish-doesn't everyone? I have fished all over in CT, a few lakes in RI, a little in Cape Cod, and quite a bit in San Antonio, TX. I have fished several tournaments, won some and lost some. Still chasing that illusive 10lber. I am married and have 6 kids, all are on their own except a 16 year old. My wife and I are going to retire shortly and I plan on fishing a heck of a lot more. We plan on doing it in the Texas Hill Country. I spent 10 years in San Antonio while in the USAF and did a lot of fishing. Can't wait to get back  to the wide open country and warmth. Charles/TX. Give me a shout at email(Macha07@aol.com). Would like to talk to you about fishing the Dallas/Ft Worth Area.
I have an 18ft Javelin Renegade with a 115 Johnson. I love it. It is nowhere as fast as some of these speedsters, but, it gets me to where I need to go. Great to be aboard!

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2003, 12:06:17 PM »
Welcome aboard, Bob ;D

As for the 115 HP not being as fast as some of the others... as long as it gets you there, that's all that matters!!

Offline Charles/Tx

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +21/-0
  • Greetings from Tx!
    • View Profile
    • C's Place
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2003, 06:22:13 AM »
Bob:

I replied to the e-mail you sent -- assume you got that OK!

C.

Offline chancesjigs

• SRIBA
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +42/-0
  • Choke Canyon-26.4 lbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2003, 07:38:47 AM »
Hey Bob,

Glad to see we have another Texas fan on board here... ;D  I grew up in the hill country north of San Antonio and did all of my early tournament fishing in that area as a kid...  I now live here in NE.  What is your favorite lake down there?  There are a large number of less popular lakes in TX that are great fisheries and don't get a lot of attention, except from the locals...   Let me know if you're interested in hearing about some of them....  Two of my more popular favorites are Choke Canyon and Lake Amistead.....have you been on those yet??

Stan

Offline chancesjigs

• SRIBA
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +42/-0
  • Choke Canyon-26.4 lbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2003, 07:40:53 AM »
Mark,

Glad to see you are back.  When are you going to start fishing tournaments with us again...... ;)  e-mail or call me sometime.

Stan

BandD Lures

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2003, 08:24:48 AM »
Stan, Give me a shout at Banddlures@aol.com. We can bring back some memories for each other.

Bob

hamma

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2003, 07:15:40 PM »
ok here goes,...this is my first post here so I hope it goes well!

Most know me by my nickname "Hamma",...but my real name is Keith Hatch. I grew up, and still live on bostons north shore. Im 40 yrs old and Ive been fishing as long as I can remember, and dont see me stopping anytime soon. I have had my time in the bass tourneys, and done some fighting for the rights of all outdoors inthuisists at the state house. I tie my own jigs, tinker with my tackle till my fingers bleed. (do ya get the idea that I love to bass fish yet?) I have a deepv aluminuim tracker that I tow anywhere, and everywhere in search of bass (stripers too) from Maine to NY I'll fish it if I can! Ive caught some big fish, but im still hunting down state records, to hang on the wall..LOL
  This year I didnt get much fishing in due to a new addition to the family, but im gunna rectify that next year! I hope to be a positive influence on the web , and I like to interact with other anglers about new lakes, techniques, and tips. If I can help you ,...I will.,....im no "know-it-all",.. more of an experienced angler willing to help others entering the sport. I hope to see ya on the water!,.....If I havent already,..lol

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2003, 09:52:28 PM »
Hey Hamma!

Welcome to the Northeastbass.com forums ;D

I hope you enjoy your time here. I also hope you'll become an active participant and share your knowledge with everyone!

Curt

audiofish

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2003, 07:42:13 PM »
Okay, guess I'll jump in.

Name's Andy Cole.  I am presently living in the New Orleans area, but I'll be moving to CT in a few weeks to work at ESPN.  I grew up in Baton Rouge, and spent most of my fishing time in the salt water around Cocodrie, Grand Isle, and Golden Meadow (booming metropoli all) going for speckled trout, redfish, and flounder (the ugliest fish on the Gulf Coast, but yummy good with hush puppies and tartar sauce).  I got out of fishing after high school, moved to Washington DC after college, and when I got back to Louisiana, I jumped back into it.  Anticipating some bass action at some point, I invested in your standard bass tackle-cranks, spinners, buzzbaits, stickbaits, topwaters, soft plastics, and probably some stuff I can't recall right off hand.  I unfortunately never got to bass fish down here much with my work schedule, but I still got the tackle, and thanks to this website, I find there's some bass action up north. :D  What I'd like to know is, do the bass up there hit the standard lures or will I have better luck with any locally made lures up there?  Any help from what seems to me to be a well-informed bunch would be most appreciated.  Also, if anyone could point me to some websites for other types of New England fishing, I would be grateful (I've actually been on surfcaster.com).  I am looking forward to wetting a hook in some Yankee water!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2003, 07:44:36 PM by audiofish »

hamma

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2003, 09:57:38 AM »
The standard  lures work here. but the seasons may be a bit shorter than your used to.  I employ a "search, and target" type approach to selecting them . Cranks, spinnerbaits, topwaters, I use to search out the fish. And jigs, worms, and spoons to target .  Clearer
waters will require lighter, or thinner lines, and long casts. The structure here will be a bit different than the standard southern resevoir, but the bass respond as they would in any water.

good luck

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2003, 10:26:45 AM »
Welcome Andy!!

Hamma is right... bass are bass no matter where you go. Our seasons here are shorter than down south, but the bass fishing in this area can be outstanding once you learn some of the bodies of water :)

Feel free to post any questions you might have about specific lakes, techniques, etc. We'll be glad to try to answer them for you ;D

hamma

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2003, 04:49:02 PM »
hey Andy!,...I wrote some bass info thats on FishingVermont.com under articles. This was a series of posts that I did on "another "site. I will be doing the same idea here soon. Check out the lure articles it may help you some

audiofish

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2003, 08:31:40 AM »
Thanks for the help, gents.  I can't wait to get a hook in the water up there, man.  I still have a ton of packing to do, plus all the other stuff that goes with a new job.  I'm gonna need some r&r soon.  Nothing relaxes me like the sound of a lure lighting ever so gently on the water, the breeze floating gently through the trees while the birds sing sweetly to one another....and the chance to practice my french when I realize I have not only backlashed but snagged the bottom.  Oh well...a bad day fishing is better than a good day working.

GO TIGERS!

Big Daddy

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2003, 11:57:03 AM »
Hey Guys.  It has been a few years since I visited the Hawg Forum ;D.  It's good to see some of the old crowd is still here.  You guys may remember me as Uge ( real name is Glenn Harding)....
I am a middle aged married man with a wonderful wife and two beautiful baby girls named Nikki and Kelly Rose.
I love to tournament fish and fish for fun too.
I am on the Tracker State Team through Marine USA.
I have a small custom jig company called Big Daddy's Big Pig Jigs.  I will be working the Worcester Centrum Show in February.  If you are the, stop by the Marine USA booth and say hi.
In the real world, I work as a development engineer for Boston Scientific.