Author Topic: Who's who  (Read 58600 times)

Bob@Maine

Re:Who's who
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2003, 10:49:31 PM »
Ray, I used to be a subscriber to CFR. I really liked that magazine. Too bad it went under. I'm a CT native and have spent a lot of time on CT bass waters.

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2003, 06:48:09 PM »
Hey Oz, is that an actual screenshot of some fish that you located with your underwater cam??

If so, that's pretty cool!!

Backlash2

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2003, 04:45:37 AM »
Hi everyone , i`m Backlash2 or Big Lenny.Bass fishing fanatic.I live in South Jersey,a area full of mill ponds,small lakes,canals,and the Delaware River.I`m pres.of Hook One in South Jersey a local lunker club,and part time guide.Been winning enough championships and tournaments that i`m starting to pick up a few sponsors now.Have rasied a large family of bass fisherman,two are in the army now.Have a very understanding wife that lets me fish as much as i want.I`m 50 and feel like i`m getting better at fishing every day.
Go Fishing,Good Luck!!!!!
Backlash2

Offline OZ/IL

• Guppy
  • Applause: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2003, 10:46:32 AM »
Hey Oz, is that an actual screenshot of some fish that you located with your underwater cam??

If so, that's pretty cool!!

Yep - borrowed my neighbors Aqua Vu and captured images to a camcorder.   Fish(mostly Bass & Gills) were by a fish concentrator,   Ice fished the same location on March 15th (60 degrees/10'' of ice) and just landed one fish, a largemouth just under 15''.   I do have a streaming video on the web site I am working on, but 3.2 meg and need Real Player to view it.  I'll probably cut the video down and convert it to a MPG format before I publish the site.

3.2 MB Real Player Video

BrainDead Fish

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2003, 12:26:57 PM »
Wow! That's a cool video :)

One thing I noticed that all of the fish had in common...

not one of them smiled for the camera ;D

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2003, 06:48:11 PM »
Hey Oz,

that's pretty nifty!

Hard to believe all of the stuff stirred up in the water. Looks like a lot of sediment floating around down there.

Would be even cooler to get a video of a fish taking a bait ;D

bigmo

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2003, 09:57:10 AM »
Hey Bob,

Have you fished the Belgrade Lakes (Great Pond / Long Pond?).  Wondering how the ice-out is going up there?)

Bob@Maine

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2003, 07:54:13 PM »
Bigmo, ice should be free by this weekend.

Offline John Porter

• Guppy
  • Applause: +5/-0
  • Live and Let Live
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2003, 07:21:54 PM »
 John Porter here. Live in Northern Maine but originally from the Bangor area.
   I fish Opens, NEBA, And am currently gearing up for the Citgo Northern tour through B.A.S.S.
    As for the lakes I fish, sorry but they are to numerous to list.
   I can answer the question on Great Pond. It is 100% ice free as we have a open this Saturday there. Also another good Lake is Salmon and McGrath. We had a tourney there and even know the ice was only out less then 12 hours, most every boat caught their limit(5Fish). They were hitting grubs and jig-n-pig, but ever thing had to be dead sticked and fished in around 15 ft of water. Weights were down as 15 lbs and change won it but it was great to get out and wet a line.....
                      Take Care---John Porter
God is Good

Offline Branden

• Guppy
  • Applause: +2/-0
  • I Love Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2003, 08:42:30 PM »
I am Branden Bergeron.  I live in North eastern Connecticut and am currently a Junior in High School.

I fish in a local junior bass club.  I have fished in two Junior National Chapter invitationals, one on the CT River and one on the Nanticoke River in Delaware.  I did horribly on the CT River (home water advantage killed me!).  On the Nanticoke, however, I finished 4th in my division, and I had lunker in my division as well.

Currently, I am only fishing junior tournaments, and a couple of team tournaments.  Next year I will probably fish the federation/adult club level and some of the other opens that are available in my area, such as the NBS tournament trail.

Also, I am on the Furnace Bay Rods Junior Pro Staff.  These are some of the best on the market, check out their products at www.furnacebayrods.com

I currently fish out of a 1989 Cajun Maverick equipped with a 150 Mercury XR2.  This boat is fairly old, but it can stilll get me to the fish and back!

Bass Wishes

Branden

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2003, 08:51:40 PM »
Welcome aboard, Branden! Glad to have you here as a member of the Northeastbass.com forums ;D

Keep plugging away and you'll see your skills steadily increase.

As for the boat being old, just remember... it's not the boat that catches the fish!

RI_Rick

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2003, 06:49:14 AM »
Hi,

I am Rick. I live in Pawtucket RI. I have been here 16 years migrated here from PA. I am 41 years old. I work in the swimming pool and hot tub business. Not alot of time off this time of year, but always make time to fish. I also do Wildlife & Nature Photography.Deer are my main subject. I am contributing photographer to Buckmasters Whitetail Magazine and Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World Magazine, just to name a couple. Do alot of Moose photography also. Spend alot of time in Maine during the fall. Greenville and Jackman mostly. Heard there is some good largemouth and great smallmouth fishing up there. Will have to make a trip this summer to check it out.

I just bought a little Basstender 11.3. Fun little boat, perfect for RI. Since most ponds here are 10hp limit this boat with a 9.9 motor is great for this state.

Just have to say this site is great. I get alot of info from this site. Guess when I need subjects to photogragh I will have to post an add. Just think someone out there could be on the front of a magazine.

Everyone have a great summer and good fishing.

Rick

agent

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2003, 08:46:50 PM »
My name is Jason, I run a website called www.basscountry.com.  I live in the tri-city area in washington state.  I sell all sort of  fishing equipment on my site.  Come check it out.

Johnny Skeeter

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2003, 12:05:19 AM »
Iam 34 years old live in vernon ct married no kids and self employed in the fitness rehabilation industry. I fished from age 5 to 20 and then took it up again at age 28. Fished foxwoods last year and made it to the classic and fished neba for the last few years and some club stuff. My schedule allows me to fish at leats 100 days per year. I really enjoy being on the water and always am looking for new people to fish with. I am sponsored by mepps and mister twister and actually use many of their products. Have won 5 tournaments this year 3 on the ct river which i consider my home waters.

Offline bastalker

• Guppy
  • Applause: +1/-0
  • I Love Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2003, 10:36:27 AM »
Hi Curt, and all the members here. Its been awhile. My name is Mark Henry. I reside in Mystic, Ct. I started a club in the mid 80's. and use to belong to SRIBA in the late 90's. I have since started a landscaping biz that takes up most of my free time. I will get back into the fishin scene soon I hope, once the biz is where I want it to be.